Problem Setting Up Second Pool in OSC 2007 EE Forest RRS feed

• Question

• OCS 2007 Enterprise
    Server 2003 Enterprise SP1
    SQL 2005

In the lab I had two servers in one pool.  I need to develop our DR plan for forcing users onto another pool if the produciton pool goes offline so I deactivated one server out of the pool and ran the pool creation wizard.  Everything seems fine; I can see both pools in the OCS management console, one pool with the untouched server in it and the new pool with no servers in it.  I go to run the "Configure Pool" wizard and the only pool listed is the original pool, the new pool is not there to configure...  I'm running the wizard from the front end server with the SQL 2005 tools installed.  I've run "lcscmd.exe /forest:dtiforest.com /action:checkallpoolsstate" and it comes back successful and I see both pools in the log.

What gives?

Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:42 PM

All replies

• Just figured this out.  While I had deactivated the second server as a front end, I failed to deactivate the web conferencing, A/V Conferencing and Web Components roles.  Since the server still had active rolls in the first pool it would not let me configure the second pool.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:23 PM