none
ProjectDataSet.Task.Select(strFilter) does not return the DataRow eventhough the Task_UID is present in the DataSet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create Summary Tasks/Tasks in a batch process through Project 2010 PSI.

While we create task under summary task, we are trying to find the TASK_OUTLINE_LEVEL and TASK_OUTLINE_NUM of the Parent Task and setting the Outline Level and the Number for the sub-tasks accordingly.

For this we are using ProjectDataSet.Task.Select("TASK_UID='<GUID of the Summary Task Created>'")

However it is working most of the times, but sometime it is not returning the DataRow. I tried to debug the condition when it is not returning a d DataRow and found that the DataSet.GetXml() has the TASK_UID, but the Task.Select is not returning the DataRow even in the Immediate Window.

I am using a string filter variable and using the variable on the select() parameter. The filter variable is correct.

What could be the reason for this?

Thanks!
    NK Srinivasan

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am still facing this issue. Anyone has any thoughts? Is my question clear or does it require more information?

Thanks!
    NK Srinivasan

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

I am still facing this issue. Anyone has any thoughts? Is my question clear or does it require more information?

Thanks!
    NK Srinivasan

Perhaps a timing issue? Not sure if the change needs to go through the queue
    Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:30 PM