Difficulty migrating from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm currently having difficult backing up my Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business ver 17.0.150.3817

I've installed Microsoft Money from the orginal CD on my new Windows 10 Pro machine.  I've created a back up file from my old Windows 7 Pro machine and tried to restore the back up file into Microsoft Money onto my new Windows 10 Pro machine.  It keeps asking for a password for the back up file to enable the restore... but it was not password protected when I created the back up... In addition I've turned off all Microsoft Money passwords both on the new and old machine.  Then created the backup.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Monday, March 28, 2016 11:37 AM

All replies

• Your CD does not install 17.0.150.3817. It installs 17.0.150.1415. The incorrect password message is usual when the data file has been created by a later build.

You need Money Sunset Home & Business. See the links in the second post in this forum. Note also the first post and change the dll.

Just copy across the latest data file and open it in Money. The backup file is not required, but can be used if you want.

Monday, March 28, 2016 1:12 PM