Cannot install RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install WHS v. power pack 3, onto a new WD 500GB drive I get error message:  "Hard drive capable of hosting WHS was not found". So I followed the solution in Article ID: 939424 which says:  "To resolve this problem, manually install a driver for the storage controller during setup. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Locate the drivers for the storage controller. The drivers are provided by the hardware manufacturer. The drivers may also be available on the manufacturer's Web site."

Well, lo and behold WD says there are no stand alone drivers to download.  So can someone provide info as to how to resolve this issue?   Thanks.  YancyD66

Friday, September 3, 2010 6:04 PM

Answers

• What motherboard are you using? I think what you need is the sata drivers for your motherboard or controller.

/Bjurran, Sweden

• Marked as answer by YancyD66 Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:01 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Western Digital doesn't supply storage controllers, they supply hard drives. Go to the support web site for your motherboard manufacturer (if your drives are connected to the motherboard) or your add-in card manufacturer (if connected to an add-in card) to obtain drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:31 PM
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:13 PM

All replies

• What motherboard are you using? I think what you need is the sata drivers for your motherboard or controller.

/Bjurran, Sweden

Friday, September 3, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Western Digital doesn't supply storage controllers, they supply hard drives. Go to the support web site for your motherboard manufacturer (if your drives are connected to the motherboard) or your add-in card manufacturer (if connected to an add-in card) to obtain drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:31 PM
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:13 PM