Colour categories appointments in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• What I need to do is to categorise the appointments using the Outlook Calendar colour categories. I use the Auto formatting to check a certain name in the subject field and assign colours automatically. However this   function is not working as when a appointment is originated from the CRM (ex :  Actions->Add  Activity-> Appointments) as the CRM assigns a colour category to it due to the appointment been tracked in CRM.

What I want is to disable the track in CRM option adding to an appointment when it is generated so I can assign Auto Formatting

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:36 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this yet.  I have spoken with a few support people from Microsoft but have not been given a way to stop the category creation.  Since, only a small percentage of people use categories in Outlook, this doesn't receive as much attention as other items that have greater use in the community.  Since it is now receiving some attention, maybe it will receive more consideration.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:30 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this yet.  I have spoken with a few support people from Microsoft but have not been given a way to stop the category creation.  Since, only a small percentage of people use categories in Outlook, this doesn't receive as much attention as other items that have greater use in the community.  Since it is now receiving some attention, maybe it will receive more consideration.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:30 AM
  • thankyou Dona appreciate your effort :)
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:32 PM
  • You're welcome, have a good day.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:48 PM