no cd or sticker on the pc? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

my partner in poland recently downloaded the wga since i asked her to check her pc to see if she has the real windows or a counterfit.

She got a counterfit, but now her pc has this notification which scared her cause she thought she would get into trouble for actually finding out her pc has a non original windows. She has no clue when it comes to PCs so when her family bought it, it came with the counterfit version.. has no CDs or backstickers which Mircosoft needs in order for her to take part in the windows genuine advantage offer.

So what should I do? Microsoft needs to firstly apologise for scaring users who have not done anything bad on purpose with these windows logon notifications. Im very cross with Mircrosoft and would like a gurantee that users who does not know about this will be assured that they are not being threatened by Mircrosoft.

Next I would like to know how I could get the key for her so that I can pass it on to her. She has a polish version of windows I believe. So I will need the polish versions key.

Tks.

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 12:00 AM

Answers

• Muad:

We are NO way threatening users. That is not the purpose of the WGA Program, and it will NEVER be that way. We are here to inform users that they may have been taken advantage of.

I recommend that she purchase a WGA Kit (in Polish) online, or from a local retailer. If the original computer maker is a genuine retailer, I suggest taking the machine back to them as well.

Thanks,

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 6:23 AM