Changing the Column Titles for a Subgrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement to change the column titles for some of the columns displayed in my subgrid. Is there a way to achieve this. I am taking JS as an option. Please provide your solutions. Thanks.

Monday, April 25, 2011 11:26 AM

All replies

• You could change the didplay name of the attribute.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Hi Jan,

The problem is that I have Code in my primary entity and need to pick decription from a secondary entity. Now if I create a view and select columns from the secondary entity then column names are displayed as 'Column name in secondary entity (Secondary entity name)'.

Please let me know if there is a way to overcome the above stated limitation.

regard,

Varun Sabharwal

Monday, April 25, 2011 12:46 PM
  • You should change the display name on the secondary entity's attribute.  Then you can rename the attribute on the secondary entity's form to whatever you like.  This is one way to give two display names to the same attribute (one for form and one for views). 

-Brandon

Monday, April 25, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your solution. If I change the display name of secondary entity's attribute still it will display the Primary entity's related attribute display name in '()' next to Secondary Entity's Attribute.

For example: Description (Room Type), where Description is the secondary entity's attribute display name and Room Type is the related column in primary entity.

Please provide a solution to overcome this.

Thanks

Varun Sabharwal

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:17 AM