none
Where to start?

Question

• Hello,

I am currently employed in the IT Department for a company as the IT Help desk. I was hired in right out of high school. Due to some complications I would prefer to not go directly to college but I would like to work towards getting my certifications. 

Only issue is, is that I do not know where exactly to start. Nor do I know if there are any specific ones that I should obtain. I do very commonly deal with Microsoft Office and the Active Directory. I also handle to deployment of new computers to employees. 

If someone could help me out with this it would be a major help.

Thanks,

Alex.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:42 PM

All replies

• Since you are posting on a Microsoft forum, I assume you are interested in, or at least open to Microsoft certification.

You can explore MS Certification options here:
    IT Certifications 

Microsoft Virtual Academy is a great place to do some free eLearning and get exposed to different technologies, thereby helping you decide what you're interests are:
    Microsoft Virtual Academy

Best advice I can give is get as much experience as you can in as many technologies as possible, in order to help discover where your interests and abilities are. Then, follow that path.

Good Luck!

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:50 PM
  • I am also interested in other Certs. outside of the ones offered by Microsoft.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:05 PM