CRM 4.0 Install Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Continuously, receive this installation error:

“Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed.

General access denied error”.

Background info:  Installing CRM 4.0 onto a clean machine.  The machine is running Win2003 Server SP2, IIS6.0, and SQL Server 2005 SP2.  Note. all applications (Win2003, SQL, IIS) are on the same (local) machine.  I am an Admin on the machine, SQL, IIS and have full rights to our AD Organizational unit.

Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Haole

Friday, March 14, 2008 10:07 PM

Answers

• Haole,
                This sounds like a permissions issue, below is a post that supports that theory.  You say you’re logging in as an Admin user, does that mean the Administrator account or an elevated account?  Hope this helps link helps.

-          http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29836332/error-installing-crm-gen.aspx

Good luck,
    Jason

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:12 AM
  •  Robert the Haole wrote:

“Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed.

Background info:  Installing CRM 4.0 onto a clean machine.  The machine is running Win2003 Server SP2, IIS6.0, and SQL Server 2005 SP2.  Note. all applications (Win2003, SQL, IIS) are on the same (local) machine.  I am an Admin on the machine, SQL, IIS and have full rights to our AD Organizational unit.

Haole

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:30 PM

All replies

• Haole,
                This sounds like a permissions issue, below is a post that supports that theory.  You say you’re logging in as an Admin user, does that mean the Administrator account or an elevated account?  Hope this helps link helps.

-          http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29836332/error-installing-crm-gen.aspx

Good luck,
    Jason

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:12 AM
  •  Robert the Haole wrote:

Haole

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:30 PM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same error, can i have an idea of how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Ok Robert.  It does seem like a intractable issue.  But let's step back a bit.  It seems like you should have all rights to everything.   Now, often I find that administrators do not always have DBCREATOR rights or Security administrator rights on the SQL instance.  Make sure you take care of that.

Also I have seen on occasion that the method of adding a member server tothe AD forest has some bering.

I have sometimes seen Admins add a machine to the forest like they did in NT 4.0.   Afterward I find that kerberos authentication is failing and NBT traffic is very high.  Now you have complete acces "Enterprise Admin" rights to the OU that you created and the sub groups.  See if DNS and or access to the Service Principle names are being impeded in any way,     I've had more than one client deployment where this was the issue.

Setspn has been helpful in these instances.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:51 PM
  • I have seen this issue a few times, I have resolved the issue in the past by granting the account used to install crm (also current account used to login) writes over the OU selected during the install.

See below.

http://www.mshelpforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15&sid=020b1ff156113fe6eee7f4bf0560d298

Friday, August 21, 2009 4:41 AM
  • Hi Bradedn,

The link which is your provided not working.... actually i have the same issue.. can u repost any links regarding solutin for the above issue

bhuma reddy
    Monday, October 10, 2011 1:29 AM