2/3 Azure MCPD Completed in 2012, not sure what to do in 2013 with MCSD RRS feed

• Question

• In 2012 my direct began working on the Azure MCPD.  He passed the first two exams, but did not have a chance to complete the Azure exam before the end of the year.  With the new certifications (MCSD Web Applications) will he need to take new exams to achieve the Azure Certification or does he just need to pass the Azure exam in 2013 to complete the Azure MCPD?

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:45 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I misinterpreted your original question.

Yes they will need to pass exam 70-583 by 31st July 2013 to gain the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification.

Passing 70-487 will not give them the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by Darlene Banta Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:48 AM

All replies

• If they have passed 70-487, all they need to pass to gain the MCSD Web Applications certification is exams 70-480 and 70-486.  There is no requirement to pas all the exams in the same calendar year.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:24 PM
  • He already passed two exams for the MCPD (WCF Exam 513 and Accessing Data Exam 516) and all he needs to complete his VS 2010 Azure MCPD is Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications Exam 583.  

I think based on this article he has until July 31,2013 to pass Exam 583 to achieve his MCPD. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcpd-certification.aspx

I'm just hoping to get confirmation of this.  Alternatively, should he take 70-487 and would he still get the MCPD and be on the road for the newer MCSD?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:22 AM
  • Sorry, I misinterpreted your original question.

Yes they will need to pass exam 70-583 by 31st July 2013 to gain the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification.

Passing 70-487 will not give them the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification.

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Darlene Banta Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:48 AM