WHS works fine on XP, but not Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, got to be other folks having the same issues I am having trying to do backups.  I have been pounding on this for weeks now with no success.  I can do huge backups on my XP box and it works just fine.  But on Vista, it drops the connection.

And reading the Linksys forum, and the internet, there seems to be many with Vista that is having their connection being dropped. I have tried everything others have tried from turning off checksum, ip6 you name it, non of it works.

So, is anyone running vista using a linksys router and have it working?

Dave

Sunday, April 22, 2007 5:07 PM

All replies

• I have Vista Home Premium installed on one desktop and on one laptop.  I am also using a Linksys Wireless Router (WRT300N).  I installed WHS 3 nights ago on another computer and it has backed up all the computers in my house 3 times now including the Vista computers.

If you need some other settings check, let me know.  I'd be happy to help
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 5:30 PM
  • How much data are you backing up?  If I do a portable on Vista, with lets say 15 to 20 gig, it works.  But, if I try to backup my main system, with 55 gig, it dies.

Dave

Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:12 PM
  • So no one else is seeing this issue?  May go buy a new Linksys router that their site says is supported under vista.

My existing Linksys BEFSR41 v3 is not on the list.  Issue is I see both at work and home.

Dave

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:15 PM
  • I'm backing up 200 Gig of data across 4 partitions on this XP machine with no issues.  Wired connection, but........... once the initial backup is done, the incremental backup "updates" are relatively small.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:46 PM
  • I have the same router, no problems backing up Vista Ultimate......I can restore individual files no problem,

however, in testing, have yet to have a successful full computer restore of Vista.

Rob 

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:51 PM
  • I did 300 gig of data from XP, no issue.  I did 15 gig of data from a portable on vista, no issue.  But, I can not seem to get my 55 gig

data from my proliant box to backup.

Dave

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:56 PM
  • How much data did you back up from Vista?

Dave

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:56 PM
  • About 100GB from a 250 GB drive. No problem with backing up. After the initial backup, subsequent backups were fast, on the order of 15 minutes or less.

Rob

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:59 PM