CRM 2011 IFD - First Page after login gives 404 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I've successfully setup IFD and can login but I noticed the first page that loads up after logging in shows up with a HTTP 404 Not Found. If I click the same page on the sitemap it will show up and if I click other items in the sitemap they show up as well. It seems this only happens right after you login it whenit tries to load your default page. This does not happen for AD authentication only IFD.

Please help!

Greg

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:21 AM

Answers

• Apparently, the outlook client was constructing an incorrect url for some of the entities (org.domain.com/orgname/main.aspx as opposed to org.domain.com/main.aspx).

I was able to fix this by installing CRM 2011 Update Rollup 1 (Both Server and Outlook Client). Restarted Outlook, removed the existing configuration and added it again and it worked like a breeze.

Thanks,

Maruf

• Edited by Maruf Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:26 AM forgot details
    • Proposed as answer by Maruf Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 9, 2011 4:04 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg, Im having the same problem.  IFD is working correctly, but the first page that Loads up after loggin in shows a HTTP 404 Not Found.  Also when i click on the same page it works correctly.  If anyoune knows hoy to fix this will be ver helpfull.
    Fernando Lopez General Manager Team Solutions Microsoft Silver Partner - CRM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Facing the same issue. It is okay for the web client as when i click any link twice it works, however, the outlook client does not let me move ahead with the configuration. I have been looking into AD FS logs and have not found anything suspicious. Wonder if this is related to delegation?

Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Hi,

Does part of the page show (say the navigation) but the content section shows a 404? Could you run an iisreset to see if that will help?

I pretty much always run an iisreset after I finish my IFD and ADFS 2.0 configuration before I try to load a page.

It might also be helpful to look at the event logs.

Thanks,
    Michael

Friday, May 6, 2011 11:14 PM
  • Apparently, the outlook client was constructing an incorrect url for some of the entities (org.domain.com/orgname/main.aspx as opposed to org.domain.com/main.aspx).

I was able to fix this by installing CRM 2011 Update Rollup 1 (Both Server and Outlook Client). Restarted Outlook, removed the existing configuration and added it again and it worked like a breeze.

Thanks,

Maruf

• Edited by Maruf Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:26 AM forgot details
    • Proposed as answer by Maruf Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 9, 2011 4:04 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:51 PM
  • Maruf,

That worked for me as well thank you for the suggesttion!

Greg

Monday, May 9, 2011 4:50 PM
  • We're also getting the same error more through IFD, but not as much in the network. It happens more in IE than in Outlook. Both the server and the Outlook client have RU1 installed. I disabled the organizations, ran an iisrest, re-enabled the organizations and did another iisrest. Now it's happening everytime we login through IFD in IE. Any updates?

Thanks,

Yeshua

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Hi Yeshua - Can you check the event log for any ADFS related events? You might want to run fiddler and see whats going on with your requests.

When you say it is happening everytime in IE, are you able to get into CRM at all? Assuming both Outlook and IE use IFD.

Thanks,

Maruf

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:53 PM
  • i'm getting this error in the web client for an IFD/Claims deployment.  The server has Update Rollup 2 installed.  When the workplace first loads, it tries to use the ON PREMISES URL, with the ORGNAME,  to load the dashboard:

(orgname = CRM)

https://mycrm.example.com/CRM/workplace/home_dashboards.aspx?pagemode=iframe&sitemappath=Workplace%7cMyWork%7cnav_dashboards

when you navigate away, and back, then it uses the CORRECT IFD URL:

https://mycrm.example.com/workplace/home_dashboards.aspx?pagemode=iframe&sitemappath=Workplace%7cMyWork%7cnav_dashboards

http://www.oasystems.co.nz | OA Systems Ltd | CRM Solution of the Year at the Microsoft NZ 2010 Partner Awards
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:54 AM
  • Same problem... Do you have any solution ?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:30 PM
  • I to have the same issue (Update Rollup 3), though I noted that when I first enter the IFD enabled site, y directs me to "https://organization.server:port/main.aspx". Then, if I navigate to "Activities", for example, it adds a "#" symbol at the end or the URL "https://organization.server:port/main.aspx#". Then back to "Panels" and it works, and so on.

Everything works fine withe the "#" symbol.

Is there any way to change the default URL for IFD enabled CRM Organization?

Thanks,

Fernando

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:30 PM
  • I had the same problem with Update Rollup 3.  I installed Update Rollup 4 (just the Server rollup) and this fixed the 404 issue straight for all users.

Note: Update Rollup 4 required a restart of the server.

Friday, October 28, 2011 10:01 AM
  • update rollup 4 did not fix this at any of my IFD sites. one of them logged an issue with microsoft and got told:

"Currently the fix is scheduled to be released at Update Rollup 6 timeframe"

that puts the fix in the next rollup due in Jan 2012.  The issue was logged just after UR4 release didnt fix the issue.  This was prior to UR5 release, but they closed that one early...

http://www.oasystems.co.nz | OA Systems Ltd | CRM Solution of the Year at the Microsoft NZ 2010 Partner Awards
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:34 AM