Issues after Installing Windows 7 Professional SP 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Here are some issues I faced with my programs after installing windows 7 professional SP 1:

1.) Missing "MSVCP71.dll" every time I start my computer.

2.) Some previously default programs cannot be re-assigned as default programs (Media Player Classic x64 and WinRAR)

I haven't asked any questions previously because I thought this was a common issue for the service pack and I was patiently waiting for an update to fix them but after installing several updates after service pack 1, the problem has not been resolved. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Is there a solution? I think the two problems are interlinked but I know too little about runtime libraries to say for sure...

Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm sorry you have a wrong place posted. This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Could you please post your issue to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us that you can get the right solution soon, thanks for your understanding.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:04 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:04 AM