none
Microsoft's 70-662 preparation material RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    which kind of preparation you have followed to prepare the exam 70-662 "TS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuring" ?
    I've done today the exam after a course followed few month ago, i don't have pass it :-( 662 over 700 points requested to pass :-(
    I want to re-take the exam as soon as possible, do you think that training kit book could help me to encrease my preaparation level ?
    thanks

Friday, December 3, 2010 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

a training book is always nice and helpfull. But I only use it to learn the technology. The next step in preparation for me is a practice test (MeasueUp / SelfTestSoftware - Links can be found on the exam page on microsoft.com, too). I have to admit, that I am only using the study mode and what I am doing is always the same:
    - I expect from myself to know the exact answer together with an explanation, why the answer is correct and why the others are not correct.
    - then I solve it and read the explanation. If was not satisfied, I followed the given links and read all and even tried to get some more practice.

That way I felt comfortable with all exams and so far had no problems with any exam. But I am not doing the administrative exams - as a software developer I am only working on .Net and SQL Server exams. But I am confident, that this way could work with your exam, too. (And I checked measureup.com - a 70-662 practice test is available there.)

I hope I was able to help a little. Good luck on your next try!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, December 3, 2010 3:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Training books are always a good bet especially if you have already taken an exam as this will have identified your weaker areas on the form that was printed after you finished.

I would suggest if you already have almost enough knowledge to get the book and start off with the practice exams to further identify your weak areas and then move on to target these with the book and moving on to reading all other sections and testing again.

The MS Press book is 944 pages long so will all depend on how much time you have to dedicate to training and how quickly you read and picks things up,

Hope this helps and good luck for when you take it next,

Regards

Kevin

Friday, December 3, 2010 4:08 PM
  • I took this exam recently and managed to pass it. Training wise I used the Trainsignal CBT's, and Microsoft online documentation. But most importantly of all, is hands on. Download a trial version, set up a domain controll and exchange 2010 server and pratice pratice and pratice. Nothing beats hands on experience to fully understand the product you are learning :)

Friday, December 3, 2010 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

a training book is always nice and helpfull. But I only use it to learn the technology. The next step in preparation for me is a practice test (MeasueUp / SelfTestSoftware - Links can be found on the exam page on microsoft.com, too). I have to admit, that I am only using the study mode and what I am doing is always the same:
    - I expect from myself to know the exact answer together with an explanation, why the answer is correct and why the others are not correct.
    - then I solve it and read the explanation. If was not satisfied, I followed the given links and read all and even tried to get some more practice.

That way I felt comfortable with all exams and so far had no problems with any exam. But I am not doing the administrative exams - as a software developer I am only working on .Net and SQL Server exams. But I am confident, that this way could work with your exam, too. (And I checked measureup.com - a 70-662 practice test is available there.)

I hope I was able to help a little. Good luck on your next try!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, December 3, 2010 3:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Training books are always a good bet especially if you have already taken an exam as this will have identified your weaker areas on the form that was printed after you finished.

I would suggest if you already have almost enough knowledge to get the book and start off with the practice exams to further identify your weak areas and then move on to target these with the book and moving on to reading all other sections and testing again.

The MS Press book is 944 pages long so will all depend on how much time you have to dedicate to training and how quickly you read and picks things up,

Hope this helps and good luck for when you take it next,

Regards

Kevin

Friday, December 3, 2010 4:08 PM
  • I took this exam recently and managed to pass it. Training wise I used the Trainsignal CBT's, and Microsoft online documentation. But most importantly of all, is hands on. Download a trial version, set up a domain controll and exchange 2010 server and pratice pratice and pratice. Nothing beats hands on experience to fully understand the product you are learning :)

Friday, December 3, 2010 10:25 PM