Health incorrectly showing critical for spyware, virus, and firewall RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having lots of network problems on one of my desktop PCs to the point I'm about ready to restore it.  But that is a separate issue.

When my Vista pc connects to the home server it is showing my health as red that there is no Spyware, Virus definitions are out of date, and the firewall is turned off. This is showing the same on the client pc and the server. But when I look at the actual pc, all of this stuff is up today and turned on. I'm using Window's One Care. Any idea what is going on, or how to get WHS to recheck that stuff? 
    Josh
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    this bug has already been reported in context with the latest OneCare update.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:11 AM
  • CalypsoCowboy said:

I've been having lots of network problems on one of my desktop PCs to the point I'm about ready to restore it.  But that is a separate issue.

When my Vista pc connects to the home server it is showing my health as red that there is no Spyware, Virus definitions are out of date, and the firewall is turned off. This is showing the same on the client pc and the server. But when I look at the actual pc, all of this stuff is up today and turned on. I'm using Window's One Care. Any idea what is going on, or how to get WHS to recheck that stuff? 

Josh

Hi,

Do you have IE8 installed?
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Monday, March 23, 2009 4:23 PM
  • It's a recently reported bug.  This post from the Live OneCare forum may help.  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/aa220ee2-ea80-4209-909e-48ad23ee2dc7 

-don
    Monday, March 23, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Don Crabtree said:

It's a recently reported bug.  This post from the Live OneCare forum may help.  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/aa220ee2-ea80-4209-909e-48ad23ee2dc7 

-don

Thanks. We have a bug in our database and it's currently associated with IE8 and One Care. I'll pass the thread above on to our developers.
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:38 PM
  • I do not currently have IE8 installed on either box.
    Josh
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:51 PM
  • CalypsoCowboy said:

I do not currently have IE8 installed on either box.

so this narrows the problem even more down to Windows Live OneCare (which has been confirmed also by German users w/o IE8).
    Thanks and best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:38 PM
  • Just in case this helps....

I am getting these alerts as well.  My setup (all US-EN):

-Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 w/IE8 - RED ALERT STATUS
    -Vista Business x32 SP1 w/IE8 - RED ALERT STATUS
    -XP MCE2005 SP3 w/IE8 - NO ALERT, GREEN STATUS
    -SmallBusiness2003 R2 SP1 w/IE7 - NO ALERT, GREEN STATUS (no OneCare)

All have Live OneCare (green and up-to-date).  My WHS is alerting me that my two Vista machines are critical (No AV and no firewall) however the XP machine on my WHS and Live OneCare is just fine.  My SBS2003 server is green as well, but it doesn't use OneCare.

OneCare:
    Version - 2.5.2900.22
    Virus/Spyware - 1.55.314.0
    Firewall - 1.2.32.120

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1800.36
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1800.24
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1800.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1800.24

-EDIT-
    My Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 is actually IE8, forgot I had applied it (sorry if that caused confusion)

• Edited by tradjik Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:20 AM
  • If you go into OneCare and turn each one off, apply the change, then back on it will show WHS as okay. This will stay until a reboot.
    Josh
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:44 AM