Problem with bonjour RRS feed

• Question

• According to my findings in Services, Bonjour says it is started however several of my programs keep telling me that I need to activate Bonjour.  I go into Control panel, select Administrative tools, theh Services and it continues to show me that Bonjour is started.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:52 PM

Answers

• If you have HPmediasmart it's possibly an issue with the Firefly media server. I would advise you to contact HP Support, or perhaps check out Firefly support.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:00 AM
  • ... however several of my programs keep telling me that I need to activate Bonjour. ...
    Bonjour is an Apple product; it provides zero configuration networking. It's required for the FireFly iTunes streaming server (installed by HP on the MediaSmart line or by the end user on other servers) to function. What software is saying that you need to "activate" Bonjour? Is this on your server, or on your local PC?

If you've installed software on your server in addition to the components HP supplied, you should consult with the software vendor.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:01 PM

All replies

• If you have HPmediasmart it's possibly an issue with the Firefly media server. I would advise you to contact HP Support, or perhaps check out Firefly support.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:00 AM
  • ... however several of my programs keep telling me that I need to activate Bonjour. ...
    Bonjour is an Apple product; it provides zero configuration networking. It's required for the FireFly iTunes streaming server (installed by HP on the MediaSmart line or by the end user on other servers) to function. What software is saying that you need to "activate" Bonjour? Is this on your server, or on your local PC?

If you've installed software on your server in addition to the components HP supplied, you should consult with the software vendor.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:01 PM