none
Domain name setup error WHS v1 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to setup domain name under Remote Access I get this error.

This has been going on for 2 days now.

Error communicating with Windows Live domain services.

Please try later 80000190.

FYI I set up a new hotmail.com account and it works, so I am just trying to get it set up in WHS

Thank you

Bob

Monday, December 19, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• Bob, the overwhelmingly probable cause for that error, as a search for "80000190" in the Windows Home Server forums would show you, is a transient problem of some sort on Microsoft's side. So there's really nothing to say beyond "search is your friend"...

As for the Live ID you've used for years, if you use it regularly, there should be no problem. If you don't, it will eventually be deleted, and any services that use it may cease to function. But that doesn't appear to be what you're experiencing.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• Update:

I can not even get my original live id to work that I have used for the last few years?

I get the same error 80000190.

Can someone at least respond to me?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Bob, the overwhelmingly probable cause for that error, as a search for "80000190" in the Windows Home Server forums would show you, is a transient problem of some sort on Microsoft's side. So there's really nothing to say beyond "search is your friend"...

As for the Live ID you've used for years, if you use it regularly, there should be no problem. If you don't, it will eventually be deleted, and any services that use it may cease to function. But that doesn't appear to be what you're experiencing.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Ken

Thank you.

I did search the forum and MS too and all I found as I recall were referrences from a few years ago.

Not knowing if those were still revelant I asked again.

As far as the ID, I use it every day and it was on my WHS just last week.

I just decided to redo WHS from scratch and now neither my new ID or the old ID will work.

I will try it every day and see if it will work.

Is there some way to let MS know it is not working?

I would think there is a MS person on the forum somewhere that could take up the challenge.

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort.

• Edited by Bob Millard Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Perhaps the squeeky wheel theory works.

For the first time in a few days it is working.

I can only think that someone in power, told someone there was a problem and shabam!

Thanks to the masked person, if there was one.

Bob

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:45 PM
  • I just bought an Acer Aspire EasyStore with WHS v1 and am setting it up. Everything else has been working just fine, but for remote access I'm getting this same exact problem. When clicking the repair button it gets all the way to checking if my remote access page is available online, and then it tells me there is an error, without any explanation.

Any ideas, or is it really just a matter of waiting for it to work?

Any help is much appreciated

Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:18 AM