none
Backup Files Not Associated with PCs RRS feed

• Question

• I made some setting changes and my WHS Server lost connectivty to the local PCs. There was an updated version of the connector software so each PC was updated. After the loss of connectivity, the PCs are seen by the back up portion of the sotware but the massive back up files are not associated with PCs.

I need to delete the old unassociated files and start backups again.  How do I delete them?

Thank you for any help you could provide.

JR Dees      

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• I made some setting changes and my WHS Server lost connectivty to the local PCs. There was an updated version of the connector software so each PC was updated. After the loss of connectivity, the PCs are seen by the back up portion of the sotware but the massive back up files are not associated with PCs.

I need to delete the old unassociated files and start backups again.  How do I delete them?

JR Dees      

You'll probably have to logon to your server desktop (which is unsupported) and delete everything inside D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4} (and I would reboot your server after deleting, just in case).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by JRDEEZ Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:11 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:06 AM

All replies

JR Dees      

You'll probably have to logon to your server desktop (which is unsupported) and delete everything inside D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4} (and I would reboot your server after deleting, just in case).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by JRDEEZ Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:11 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:06 AM
  • Thank you very much!  It worked just as you suggested.  I rebooted just in case and we are good to go again!

JR DEES
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:13 AM