Plugins - How can I achive Pre/Post Merge event on Lead entity RRS feed

• Question

•  

When is PreMerge  or PostMerge event for Contact or Lead gets fired. I don't understand the navigation I need to folow to get the merge event to fire in MSCRM 4.0.

I tried with selecting Mail merge option available in Lead and Contact entity and it did'nt trigger the PreMerge or PostMerge Plugin event.

Please guide how can I achive Pre/Post Merge event on Lead entity

Thanks For Help.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:52 PM

Answers

• I think you may confused with the terminology. The Merge events refer to merging 2 records within the CRM interface, not the use of Mail merge

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:52 AM

All replies

• I think you may confused with the terminology. The Merge events refer to merging 2 records within the CRM interface, not the use of Mail merge

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:52 AM
  • Thanks David.. Actually I was not getting the Merge option displayed on my CRM screen as a label. It was just a Icon which I didn't notice. Now I got it and its working fine.

I have another question and need your expert guidance.. On my CRM interface a lot of Labels associated with the Navigation icons are hidden ie; I can see only Icons and not the Labels as a Discription associated. Which was not a issue with CRM 3.0 but in 4.0 it is making a big problem as the client I am working with needs the same look and feel of the site as was for 3.0 ..

Need your help.

Thanks,

Vijayendra

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:57 AM