several OCS pools in 1 environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are using OCS 2007 in RCC mode in combination with Mitel equipment (3300 controller, LBG etc) that's working fine for RCC mode.

I am trying now to also make use of Enterprise Voice, i have created a new enterprise pool (pool2) on the same active directory with it's own front-end server but with shared Edge and mediation server. we also make use of Exchange 2007 SP1 integration on the first pool.

Is it possible to have a dedicated location profile and an Exchange UM dial plan for this second pool so that the exchange / ocs intregration works?

We want also a dedicated phone route to another gateway for the users on this pool, is that possible? And how can i achieve that?

thanks for your time.

Haroun.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi

First you can use the same pool and same OCS Server for both RCC and EV (looking at your post seems to say you created the second pool just for that).

As you need the same Location profile for Exchange 2007 and OCS 2007 EV integration, there could be an issue with your need, no tested yet.

You talked about "a dedicated phone route to another gateway for this pool": you said this second pool is for EV, so gateway meens Mediation Server. if your fist gateway is he RCC Mitel equipment, these 2 gateways have nothing in common, for the route I mean. So if you don't need more than one Mediation server, one route will be enough( for EV mode).

Monday, July 7, 2008 1:46 PM
  • Hi NKV, thanks for your reply.

we build a second pool because we wanted the Exchange UM integration, with RCC you don't have for instance the Voicemail button in the OCS clients.

in the RCC environment we need have a UM dialplan with a default gateway to the Mitel LBG.

we need for the EV the OCS mediation server as the gateway, we only have one Mediation server.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Haroun Debbabi.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

I have RCC and EV users colocated on same pool with no pb. You need one dialplan for Ex2k7 UM and OCS integration in EV mode indeed, but not for RCC.

Seeing the voicemail button is by design on MOC when you enable EV and integrate UM and OCS.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:07 PM