Appointment in Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Usually in Outlook when we double click on the calendar, an appointment window opens where we can directly write info about the appointment.

In CRM 4.0 this is not the case.

Is there anyway to do it?

Thanks

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:22 AM

Answers

• In the Calendar window, click on the Datepicker control (top right) on the day you wish to create the appointment. Below that you have the option of creating a new appointment or service activity. This will open up a new appointment window with the current date filled in for you. It's two-clicks which I believe is the same number of clicks as creating a normal outlook appointment.

Hope it helps.

Karlo
    Friday, September 19, 2008 5:00 PM

All replies

• There are not much things we can do for a un-customizable entity, however you can write your own aspx page to demonstrate this feature.

Cheers,

Jim

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:00 PM
  • So it's impossible to achieve what i need through some code in CRM?

Friday, September 19, 2008 6:25 AM
  • As far as I know, it's not a possible solution, but I'd like to be proven wrong.Smile

Friday, September 19, 2008 8:50 AM
  • In the Calendar window, click on the Datepicker control (top right) on the day you wish to create the appointment. Below that you have the option of creating a new appointment or service activity. This will open up a new appointment window with the current date filled in for you. It's two-clicks which I believe is the same number of clicks as creating a normal outlook appointment.

Hope it helps.

Karlo
    Friday, September 19, 2008 5:00 PM
  •  you're right about the number of clicks but you know customers and their requirements!
    Monday, September 22, 2008 10:14 AM
  • Sure I understand Wink I'd still point them to the calendar lookup control and if they don't like that, give them the option of spending 10 days on a developer to try to get it to work Wink

I would say that is a good suggestion to MS though, automatically open up an appointment activity.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:03 PM