locked
Cannot add users using "Multiple users" in crm RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I tried to add a new user by Multiple Users wizard, I got 'Error: The following user was not added: (User Name)'

    Using fiddler I traced the following error:

    ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><AddUsersResponse xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/WebServices"><AddUsersResult><Errors><string> The following user was not added: Aarika Singh</string><string> The following user was not added: Abdul Majiet</string><string> The following user was not added: Abdur Razzaq</string></Errors><UsersAdded>0</UsersAdded><UsersNotAdded>3</UsersNotAdded><Warnings /></AddUsersResult></AddUsersResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>


    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:07 AM

Answers

  • Please see below for the solution :

    If you do have more than one, please add a String: "PreferredDC" to the MSCRM hive in the registry on the CRM Server (HKLM - software - Microsoft - MSCRM) Add in the FQDN of the domain controller within your environment which holds the user domain accounts. (We got this far at the AA)

     

    Change the Search order in the registry of the CRM server and point to Your Primary Domain Controller. To do this make the following registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]"SearchList"= DCName. Change the "DCName" to your Primary Domain Controllers name You should use the FQDN of the Domain Controller where the DNS Server is held and where the CRM Domain   accounts are. You MUST reboot the CRM Server in order for these change to take effect.


    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Monday, February 1, 2010 2:19 PM

All replies

  • When I had UR3 this KB resolve my problem with Adding Multiple users: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954811/en-us

    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Please see below for the solution :

    If you do have more than one, please add a String: "PreferredDC" to the MSCRM hive in the registry on the CRM Server (HKLM - software - Microsoft - MSCRM) Add in the FQDN of the domain controller within your environment which holds the user domain accounts. (We got this far at the AA)

     

    Change the Search order in the registry of the CRM server and point to Your Primary Domain Controller. To do this make the following registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]"SearchList"= DCName. Change the "DCName" to your Primary Domain Controllers name You should use the FQDN of the Domain Controller where the DNS Server is held and where the CRM Domain   accounts are. You MUST reboot the CRM Server in order for these change to take effect.


    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Monday, February 1, 2010 2:19 PM
  • This fixed it for me.

    Thanks.

    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:09 AM