none
Registry Error - Can not open, modify, and/or delete a registry key or folder. Access is denied. RRS feed

• Question

•    I have a software-related error. This error is an Acrobat-related error:

'A part of the Capture 3D plug-in has been damaged. To fix it you will need to repair the installation of Acrobat.

This may have been a result of an anti-spyware application modifying the system's registry. If repairing the

installation does not fix the roblem you may need to configure your anti-spyware program to not monitor registry

changes'.

I have attempted to repair the installation, but the installation could not open the following registry folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

and therefore, the installation failed.

I want to repair the software by using this method: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402988.html, which requires the configuration of

a related registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

The First Error: I receive the message 'Cannot open Windows: Error while opening key'.

The Second Error. I have tried to delete it, but 'One or more keys could not be deleted. Access is denied (5)'.

How can I repair the Acrobat error?

How can I change the key values in this Folder? How can I delete it? Can I delete it?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:23 PM