Continually receive alert stating "One or more services are not running" RRS feed

• Question

• The alert states that Windows Update is not running.  I confirm through the Services console that it is, I ignore or delete the alert and it returns usually within an hour. The alert is only identified on one of my computers that are connected to the Home Server.  This computer is running Windows 8
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:08 PM

All replies

• I've recently started receiving this alert from one of my computers also, so I'm giving this a bump.

All computers running Windows 8 Pro with the Windows Update service set to Manual (Trigger Start), but only one client reports this error. Starting the service will clear the alert temporarily, but it returns once the services goes back to sleep. I can't figure out what to do...

Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:17 PM
  • I think I have resolved this now. Windows Update service was set to Automatic (Trigger Start) on the alerting machine, and Manual (Trigger Start) on my other machines. I reset it to Manual on the problem machine and the alert has not resurfaced since.

A little counter-intuitive, but there you have it.

• Proposed as answer by Dowlo Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:56 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:56 AM