Microsoft money plus deluxe sunset edition doesn''t display properly in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft money plus deluxe sunset edition worked fine under windows 7.  I am having a problem under windows 10. When I select Investing home then portfolio a list of stocks is properly displayed.  When I click on the "+" to show transactions a small box is displayed that is squashed horizontally.  The entries are not readable but when clicked on they bring up the proper info. See the attached image.  This looks like an excel cell that is too narrow to hold the data.  Any help would be appreciated. 

I have tried changing  compatibility mode and  display settings.

Here is a link to the image:

http://windows10forum.com/uploads/monthly_2016_07/579bb25897ece_win10.PNG.d6f88654bf62e036c17d73e25695b039.PNG

I got a message that "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account"

Sunday, July 31, 2016 8:16 PM

Answers

• success. I took another look at my file and saw that the standard view was showing. when I switched to another view called customized things were fine. the box opened as s it should. when I went back to the standard view I saw that only the the name column was selected. when I added a few more columns this view was fixed. seems crazy. there was another view in there which as blank. I added some columns but this view remained blank so it was deleted. at this point money seems to be working as it should. phew!
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:44 AM

All replies

• 1. Replace the DLL described in what is currently the first post in this forum.

2. Make a firewall entry as described here:  https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/eliminating-the-online-updatingdelays-and-errors-when-opening-money/

Sunday, July 31, 2016 8:36 PM
  • Have you seen this specific problem before?
    Monday, August 1, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Have you seen this specific problem before?
    No. I think that those things I suggested are good for any user of Money Plus Sunset, and I am hoping it will help your unusual situation.

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:18 PM
  • Also, check with your computer manufacturer's web site to see if there is an updated video driver, or check with the video card manufacturer's site.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, August 1, 2016 5:20 PM
  • I downloaded the DLL patch from media fire (Chen) and it had no effect. Is there another version? I'm having also a problem with auto hide of the task bar. it doesn't hide.
    Monday, August 1, 2016 7:48 PM
  • Try dragging the heading boundaries, as shown in your screen capture, between squished headings left and right.

I think I would reinstall Microsoft Money Sunset, particularly if Sample.mny does not display properly. If Sample.mny displays properly, I would try to make a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If you give the repaired version a new name, the existing file will not be changed.

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:23 PM
  • I tried a number of things to no avail. sample nmy works fine. I repaired the file (no broken items). I updated the video drive. ( latest version for win 8.1). I have not reinstalled money yet. Can I have two copies of the program on my machine at the same time? I'm concerned that a new install might introduce more serious problems. By the way, some reboots hide taskbar works fine, other reboots it doesn't. After updating the video driver the num lock came on. I tried to edit the registry entry but it doesnt get saved. doesn't recognize me as admin.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:32 AM
  • You cannot have two instances of Money Sunset installed at the same time. However I would not let that stop you regarding the reinstall. Reinstall of Money does not get rid of your data files.

The taskbar is a Windows thing, as is the numlock.

Try launching regedit as administrator.  I do that from a command window that I start by right-clicking the command window launch icon and choosing RunAsAdministrator.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:40 AM
  • I just created a new file and it worked fine. here is what that squished window should look like:. http://windows10forum.com/topic/451-microsoft-money-and-windows-10/#comment-1552 ( why isn't this recognized as a link?) scroll down a few entries and you'll see it. So money seems to work fine on new files. What can I do for it to work on my data file which is quite large?
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:12 AM
  • success. I took another look at my file and saw that the standard view was showing. when I switched to another view called customized things were fine. the box opened as s it should. when I went back to the standard view I saw that only the the name column was selected. when I added a few more columns this view was fixed. seems crazy. there was another view in there which as blank. I added some columns but this view remained blank so it was deleted. at this point money seems to be working as it should. phew!
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:44 AM