Live mesh keeps popping up RRS feed

• Question

• The subject tells it allready but i will explain it a bit more.
     About ones in the 10 minutes live mesh pops up for 2 seconds and it is gone a gain.

It comes tru games and all.

This is very anoying can it be solved?
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 12:50 AM

Answers

• AndreStarTrek said:

Yes i am talking about the notifier menu.

I use x64 version in vista

Also I encounter a different problem I tried to setup a one way sync with a folder that was already up to date but live mesh deleted all files (photos) about 50 GB and stared uploading again. I did this with 2 accounts and the source (account 1) share with account 2 and that account can only read.

I hope I make any sense.

Both of those sound like bugs.  The notifier menu should only pop up when you mouse over it (so not, e.g., when a full screen app, such as a game, is running).  In the case of your deleted files: do you have the originals somewhere, or did Live Mesh delete those?  Either way, we'd appreciate it if you could open bugs for both of these issues (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums) - but if you're having any trouble finding your photos please contact lmprev@microsoft.com right away for assistance, as we take any potential data loss very seriously.

Ben.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 7:06 PM

All replies

• What specifically is popping up? The notifier? No, it should not be popping up.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 5, 2009 7:44 PM
  • AndreStarTrek said:

The subject tells it allready but i will explain it a bit more.
     About ones in the 10 minutes live mesh pops up for 2 seconds and it is gone a gain.

It comes tru games and all.

This is very anoying can it be solved?

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Live Mesh keeps popping up.  Are you seeing notices that Live Mesh is starting, or that updates are available, or is it just the notifier menu (where you can select devices, folders, etc.)?  Please let me know, and we'll try to determine what's going on.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:44 PM
  • Yes i am talking about the notifier menu.

Also I encounter a different problem I tried to setup a one way sync with a folder that was already up to date but live mesh deleted all files (photos) about 50 GB and stared uploading again. I did this with 2 accounts and the source (account 1) share with account 2 and that account can only read.

I hope I make any sense.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:51 PM
  • AndreStarTrek said:

I hope I make any sense.

Both of those sound like bugs.  The notifier menu should only pop up when you mouse over it (so not, e.g., when a full screen app, such as a game, is running).  In the case of your deleted files: do you have the originals somewhere, or did Live Mesh delete those?  Either way, we'd appreciate it if you could open bugs for both of these issues (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums) - but if you're having any trouble finding your photos please contact lmprev@microsoft.com right away for assistance, as we take any potential data loss very seriously.

Ben.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

AndreStarTrek said:

I hope I make any sense.

Ben.

I have not lost any data, the shared data was only on read. But thanks for your consern.

I will try to post the bugs.

I do like to say that the program becomes a very use full. not counting the bugs ofcourse.

The only thing I like to see is Device right so that some devices only can read and so on. Now I have to make two acounts to do that. 
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 7:56 PM