How to Install Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit OEM on Dell Inspiron RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 Home 64 Bit.  I actually need the computer for office work and some of my programs will only work on a 32BIT system.  I bought OEM System Builder pack online thinking it was the actual Windows 7 Pro software.  Is there anyway I can install this on my Dell, even if I reformat the hard drive?

Thanks

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:57 PM

Answers

• "jackthecat1" wrote in message news:3f461972-915d-4519-8b17-a9cfe75e4da4...

I purchased a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 Home 64 Bit.  I actually need the computer for office work and some of my programs will only work on a 32BIT system.  I bought OEM System Builder pack online thinking it was the actual Windows 7 Pro software.  Is there anyway I can install this on my Dell, even if I reformat the hard drive?

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem installing it - but I'd try getting hold of Dell before opening the package, and seeing if they will provide the 32-bit recovery disks for your PC. That way you end up with a functional install, and can either return or resell the OEM System Builder pack.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:41 PM

All replies

• "jackthecat1" wrote in message news:3f461972-915d-4519-8b17-a9cfe75e4da4...

I purchased a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 Home 64 Bit.  I actually need the computer for office work and some of my programs will only work on a 32BIT system.  I bought OEM System Builder pack online thinking it was the actual Windows 7 Pro software.  Is there anyway I can install this on my Dell, even if I reformat the hard drive?

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem installing it - but I'd try getting hold of Dell before opening the package, and seeing if they will provide the 32-bit recovery disks for your PC. That way you end up with a functional install, and can either return or resell the OEM System Builder pack.

--

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:41 PM
  • thank you for your feedback....i have also the same question.
    hai
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:38 AM
  • "project creator" wrote in message news:75b93664-121a-43aa-8647-343bbd51e8d9...
    thank you for your feedback....i have also the same question.
    hai

Instead of scattering questions all over the forum, please create your OWN, NEW thread with an exact description of YOUR problem, and a copy of your MGADiag report

--

Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:06 AM