Crm Web Service is slow on replies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have an issue with using MS CRM Web service in my code. It takes >15 to get service.Execute(RetrieveMultipleRequest request)  methods in my code. I've tried to optimize using Crm Web Service tooth-and-nail and used properties below to get connection for it pooled:

service.PreAuthenticate =

true;

service.UnsafeAuthenticatedConnectionSharing =

true;

Anyway time to time(with 1 minute interval) I'm getting response with big timeouts. I'm wondering if pool lifetime is 1 minute and it configured somehow? Or you can see other issue here and have solution for this?

I use MS CRM 4.0 and service on following pseudo URL: http://crm-host/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx, where crm-host is hosting place for my MS CRM. I use 2006 folder with service which was left for compatibility(not 2007  added in CRM 4.0)

Could you please support me with this issue?

Thank you.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:21 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to see what is going on between the server and the web service client using fiddler? I assume you have already ruled out JIT compilations and abnormal CPU or file system activities on the CRM web and db server and the web service client. 80% of the times network is the issue, you might have anything from DNS issues to IP/ARP conflicts to just lost packets.
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:51 PM