none
Web Page shows as "waiting" even after code completes all the background process. RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a web application which inserts records into PL/SQL using below code

trans_status = myDataAdapter.Update(ds, "LoadedTable");

The above update process takes around 30 minutes to complete the process. 

All the code which was written after myDataAdapter.Update(ds, "LoadedTable"); get executed without any issues but still the page is not get refreshed. The web page keeps on waiting. 

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

All above happens on click of a button.

Step 1: Loads records from SQL server.[which takes around 14 sec] Step 2. Insert all records fetched from SQL to oracle using myDataAdapter.Update(ds, "LoadedTable") [which takes around 30 minutes] Step 3: Email notification to user [I am getting email notification]

transtatus = myDataAdapter.Update(ds, "LoadedTable");                  

}
               if (transtatus == -1)
                {
                    sql.SendStatusEmail("sample@abc.com", "Transaction Failed");
                }
                else
                {
                    sql.SendStatusEmail("sample@abc.com", "Transaction 
                                     Successful");
                }

Step 4: Update some of the SQL tables with success/failure [All tables get updated successfully] Step 5: Display the success message in label [Not showing anything as page is kept on waiting]

if (TranSuccess == true)
    {

lblMsg.Text = "Transation Successfull";

lblMsg.Visible = true;

Step 6: Load the grid with fresh records from SQL

gvFileList.DataBind();

gvProcessedFileList.DataBind();

}

Gridview bind in the last step in the click event.

In order to make sure the control is coming to the last statement I wrote a code to log some details into a plain text after gvProcessedFileList.DataBind(); and I could able to find the result as well.

When I debug it works as expected, but When I deploy the code in the server only I am experiencing this problem.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Vivekgvivi1986,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question is more related to Web, you could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:28 AM