I am a freshser ,i have done B.Tech, i want to do Certification in .NET and i am going on training for c# and asp.net in 4.0 framework. RRS feed

• Question

• can you please suggest which certification good for me as as fresher to be a programmer.
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:47 AM

Answers

• Have you looked at the Microsoft Learing site related to Visual Studio certifications?  That might be a good place to start.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi

You have first to learn the .Net Core MS 70-536. Here is a guide line

http://dotnetuniver.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    • Proposed as answer by DomTac Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:53 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:08 PM
  • To be a good dotnet programmer, you need to first understand that your knowledge is what counts.

this is how you can progress

You need to first start console programming. (the black screen programming )

Then you can advance to system level programming (creating windows applications that run on a single computer)

After that, you need to advance to ASP.net -> this is essentially developing programs that run on the web (internet). i.e., you develop programs that run on a single computer and when you convert them to run on the web, you can call yourself a good programmer.

Now, you need to know a database (SQL goes well with microsoft technologies) , only then you will be employable.

Now the question is : should i learn these technologies on C# or VB. ... The answer is C# and VB are two languages that can be used on the dotnet platform. (to create both system level and web level programs, you can use both VB and C#). A good programmer should be able to code on both these languages without any hesitation.

It is upto the student to choose which one to learn first., but whichever language he chooses, he has to learn it thoroughly. then it would not be difficult to learn the other.

After completing this, the student should think about certification. He should evaluate the availabel certification options and then take one in which he feels that his career should progress.

Students usually make the mistake of opting for a certification first and then learining for it.. never do it.

Arunjith | Managing Director | MIT Campus - MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, CCNP, CCNA, RHCE, Java, Dotnet, PHP training at trivandrum, Kerala, India | www.mitcampus.com

Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:23 PM

All replies

• Have you looked at the Microsoft Learing site related to Visual Studio certifications?  That might be a good place to start.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi

You have first to learn the .Net Core MS 70-536. Here is a guide line

http://dotnetuniver.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    • Proposed as answer by DomTac Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:24 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:08 PM
  • To be a good dotnet programmer, you need to first understand that your knowledge is what counts.

this is how you can progress

You need to first start console programming. (the black screen programming )

Then you can advance to system level programming (creating windows applications that run on a single computer)

After that, you need to advance to ASP.net -> this is essentially developing programs that run on the web (internet). i.e., you develop programs that run on a single computer and when you convert them to run on the web, you can call yourself a good programmer.

Now, you need to know a database (SQL goes well with microsoft technologies) , only then you will be employable.

Now the question is : should i learn these technologies on C# or VB. ... The answer is C# and VB are two languages that can be used on the dotnet platform. (to create both system level and web level programs, you can use both VB and C#). A good programmer should be able to code on both these languages without any hesitation.

It is upto the student to choose which one to learn first., but whichever language he chooses, he has to learn it thoroughly. then it would not be difficult to learn the other.

After completing this, the student should think about certification. He should evaluate the availabel certification options and then take one in which he feels that his career should progress.

Students usually make the mistake of opting for a certification first and then learining for it.. never do it.

Arunjith | Managing Director | MIT Campus - MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, CCNP, CCNA, RHCE, Java, Dotnet, PHP training at trivandrum, Kerala, India | www.mitcampus.com

Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:23 PM