Onecare 2.0 update &Windows Defender RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about the OC 2.0 update,does this update still work with Windows Defender? I noticed when I recieved this new update W Defender had been removed,should this be reinstalled?? Or is this no longer used with the OC 2.0??

P.S. I have tried all suggestions for a fix of my computer (slow scan) no scan) with no luck,my subscription ends soon maybe I should start looking for a new AV provider.

Thanks For Your Time Mr.Boots

Saturday, December 29, 2007 3:25 PM

Answers

• OneCare includes the protection of Defender, so you should not reinstall it.

As for the slow scan problems, (I'm not sure what "no scan" means other than it might take so long that you cancel it) please contact support to get help with resolving that - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:27 AM

All replies

• OneCare includes the protection of Defender, so you should not reinstall it.

As for the slow scan problems, (I'm not sure what "no scan" means other than it might take so long that you cancel it) please contact support to get help with resolving that - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:27 AM
  • I have Live Care version 2.0.2500.10, and I am having trouble with updates. I want to ensure that I understand you direction above.

I should unstall Defender. Am I correct.

Thanks.

V6

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 12:06 AM
  •  V6 wrote:

I have Live Care version 2.0.2500.10, and I am having trouble with updates. I want to ensure that I understand you direction above.

I should unstall Defender. Am I correct.

Thanks.

V6

For update problems, see - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

If you are running XP, you can uninstall Defender. If you are using Vista, Defender cannot be uninstalled, only disabled.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:52 AM
  • I am using Vista, and have disabled Defender. Thanks for the advice.

V6

Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:41 AM
  • You're welcome. I hope that resolved your update issues.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:33 AM