Fidelity quote updates causing me grief RRS feed

• Question

• I thought I had all online updates turned off but for some odd reason the stocks/mutual funds in my Fidelity account update and I have to go in and delete them as the data is the same as the day before.

Is there some setting I can change to prevent these quotes from updating.  My routine is that I open Money and I see the update icon spin but no other accounts are updating. That's gotta be it but I can't find a reason that thing would spin if I've turned off updating.  Not sure it matters but once Money is open I use hleOfxQuotes java to update my quotes and import into money and then run Pocket Sense (I switched to the java updates for now as Pocket Sense was having a few issues with quote updates).

Thanks for reading. 

Andrew
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:24 AM

All replies

• You have a lot of stuff going on. You might do well enough to avoid the time from 1:00 AM eastern time until 1:20 eastern time for your PocketSense getdata. I have a Fidelity scrubber that I use with PocketSense.

I put my scrubber in http://www.speedyshare.com/files/27347253/CL110302.ZIP has  SCRUBBER.TXT which is notes about the files. The notes were not written for general reading, but rather as notes to a developer. What you would do is to backup your current scrubber.py, and copy SCRUBBER.PYY from the zip file to  scrubber.py (must be lower case). I would examine the file to check for worms, if you are able. It's OK, but its good to be suspicious.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:38 AM