Problem with resource leveling - Project server 2003 (different results) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm using Project Server 2003 and recently i installed Project professional to a new user.

He had a problem with leveling so i checked and installed SP3 to make sure this is not the issue.

It didn't help.

what happens is that when he is doing the leveling using Priority, standard it is not working properly.

it leaves some of the tasks in their place even if they have low priority. the order doesn't make sense.

I wanted to check if the file is corrupted so i did the leveling on my computer and it worked fine, the way it should?

So i guess this must be something in his computer?!

I already checked the leveling options and settings and try different variations.

Why do we have different results???

Thanks,

Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Ofir,

I will be difficult to find out, but you might have different Project options on your PC to those of your colleagues.  You will have to review ALL of the options within the Tools section.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Ofir,

I will be difficult to find out, but you might have different Project options on your PC to those of your colleagues.  You will have to review ALL of the options within the Tools section.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:23 PM
  • I already reviewed the project options for Leveling Etc..

it's not it...

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Did you review all of the options within Tools | Options, not just the levelling ones?

Also, are both clients patched at the same level.

Also, Load Summary Resource Assignments should be the same for both clients (unchecked ideally). 

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:54 AM
  • I did not check all options but i checkes some that seems relevant.

• can you focus me on some options that might cause this?
    • I did not understand what do you mean by "both clients patched at the same level" ?

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:56 AM