WHS 2011, Media Center Archive TV Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been using Media Center with Windows Home Server 2011 for a long time and I've been pretty happy with it overall. However, recently the Archive TV plugin for Media Center has stopped working. It no longer transfers recordings and when I try to open the plugin I get this message:

Invalid Application
    Unable to launch "TV Archive"

The TV archiving service appears to be running just fine. I can stop and start it with no issues.

Whenever I try to open the Archive TV plugin Media Center Event Viewer generates an event for source ehExtHost with an event ID 0 that reads like this:

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Scheduling.ExtendedPropertyExceededLimitException: Specified property of ScheduleEvent is unavailable as the maximum number of reads has been exceeded.

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Scheduling.ScheduleEvent.GetExtendedProperty(String name)
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ScheduleHelper.SafeGetTitle(ScheduleRequest request, ScheduleEvent scheduleevent)
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ArchivePivotPage.PopulateTvData(Object state)
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ArchivePivotPage..ctor()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ArchivePivotPage.get_Singleton()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ViewActivityPage.BuildActivityData(Object state)
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.ViewActivityPage.get_Singleton()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.AddInSession.GotoViewArchivePivotPage()
    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
    at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
    at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

I have been unable to interpret this or find any information on google to help explain. 
    Can anyone help?
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Windows Media Center plugin is called TV Archive. And, the connector installation process installs the TV Archive plugin and creates a short cut to this add-in on the main WMC page. 

If possible, I would recommend you to remove and re-install the connector on the problematic client and check the result.

How do I uninstall the Connector software:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/uninstall-connector-2(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Unfortunately, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no effect. I get the same results after every reinstall.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:06 AM
  • I had the same problem, and wasn't able to resolve - using SyncToy now as a (not quite as good) alternative

----- WHS Newbie -----

Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:36 AM