Email problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody, 

I am currently facing a problem with Microsoft Dynamics CRM online.

Indeed, I want to create a workflow that would send automatically an email to a certain user of the CRM depending on the filling of a certain field. 

I managed to create this workflow and it apparently worked but the email status is 'Pending Send' so the email has not been sent. 

I think that it's a problem of settings within the email configuration, I have tried many things but without success. 

So if anyone has ever encountered this kind of problem, I would be happy to know the solution. Furthermore, there are probably other ways to send a message or create an alert from a user to another, so if you have an idea it would be good as well. 

Thanks very much for your help,

Sylvain

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:14 AM

Answers

• hi,

are you using on premise or "Microsoft Dynamics CRM online."?. If you are using online like you said, you don't have to setup email router.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by sylvain_43 Friday, February 27, 2015 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:44 PM
  • You have to go to System Settings and see what is the incoming and outgoing option for your organization. Please refer the following url

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-email-tab.aspx - Applies to the new users created.

it should have outlook - as incoming and outgoing. Same applies for your user profile also.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-outlook-tab.aspx

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Good to hear that you got it working.

Please download Ribbon Workbench (https://www.develop1.net/public/Download%20Ribbon%20Workbench%202013.aspx), install it and hide the close opportunity button. I am not sure if the option will be removed from subgrids/advanced finds etc. please test.

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

To make sending of emails work you should choose how your emails would be sent:

- Email Router or Server Side Sync;

- Outlook Client for CRM.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

You need to setup Email Router for sending mails for which you can setup email using exchange or POP3. You can visit  Configure Email in CRM.

Deepak Jangra

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:28 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, 

I have tried to install the Email router without success as I'm not working in IT and I don't know anything about how it works. Do you know just a simple way to send email with a workflow ? I don't now neither how to make a server side sync maybe it's the solution? 

Thanks

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:34 PM
  • CRM doesn't send email directly.  It must connect to a mail server to send email.  The Email Router, Server Sync, and Outlook Plugin are all options to let CRM "talk" to your mail server (generally Exchange) and send mail.  And yes, essentially all of them require IT support to configure.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:04 PM
  • hi,

are you using on premise or "Microsoft Dynamics CRM online."?. If you are using online like you said, you don't have to setup email router.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:44 PM
  • Hello, 

Yes I am using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online so which configuration should I have to make it?

For your information, I have managed to track my email sent from outlook to the online appllication so it prove that there is a link between these two things, right? 

Thanks to all for your response

Sylvain

Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:22 AM
  • You have to go to System Settings and see what is the incoming and outgoing option for your organization. Please refer the following url

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-email-tab.aspx - Applies to the new users created.

it should have outlook - as incoming and outgoing. Same applies for your user profile also.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-outlook-tab.aspx

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Thanks a lot for your help, it's finally working. 

I have just a last issue, do you know a way to prevent users from closing an opportunity? As you may have understood, I can't code in Java but i would like to restrain this privilege, maybe can I just hide the button? 

Sylvain

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Good to hear that you got it working.

Please download Ribbon Workbench (https://www.develop1.net/public/Download%20Ribbon%20Workbench%202013.aspx), install it and hide the close opportunity button. I am not sure if the option will be removed from subgrids/advanced finds etc. please test.

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:47 AM
  • Thank you very much again, I installed the solution and managed to hide the button considering the privilege of the user. 

Sylvain

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:41 PM
  • Hello Sylvain,

great, please mark the answers so that the reply with help someone else with similar issue.

regards

Jithesh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:16 PM