Onenote Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• I use Onenote mobile alot for class notes (im a a college student...) and was wondering if there was a way to sync them to my PC over live mesh so they would show up. they usually arrive as placeholder files and are only able to be opened in word. The Mesh is awesome, i have a moto q9c w/celio redfly and live mesh is a life saver....great work...file size limitation my only complant
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:53 PM

Answers

• I don't think there is any way of doing that. OneNote Mobile saves the notes in some strange format in \Application Data\Microsoft\OneNote
    You can sync it to your computer, but you cannot open it in OneNote. So unfortunately the only way to do it really is to use ActiveSync.
    • Proposed as answer by nav1 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:14 AM

All replies

• I am not sure if I understand your question.
    All the OneNote notebooks are saved in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\OneNote Notebooks(in Vista that is) and C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\OneNote Notebooks in XP. If you open those files, they should open in OneNote. If you however want to sync the notes from your phone, you can do that using ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center. I hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by nav1 Monday, December 29, 2008 5:24 PM
    Monday, December 29, 2008 5:24 PM
  • i meant onenote mobile...onenote on windows mobile. a way to sync those notes through live mesh to my laptop without using activesync.  
    Monday, December 29, 2008 7:12 PM
  • I don't think there is any way of doing that. OneNote Mobile saves the notes in some strange format in \Application Data\Microsoft\OneNote
    You can sync it to your computer, but you cannot open it in OneNote. So unfortunately the only way to do it really is to use ActiveSync.
    • Proposed as answer by nav1 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:14 AM
  • Too bad. I'd like to see this scenario work.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:39 AM
  • yeah, i found the folder where they are kept but they show up as placeholder files with no option to open in onenote. its a shame, onenote mobile is a joke quite frankly. .
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:19 PM
  • I know this is kinda late, but have you considered evernote for windows mobile?
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:06 AM