restore files from onecare 90 day trial RRS feed

• Question

• I have a backup from onecare that I was trying out on the 90 day trial and I really did not like the program so I uninstalled it long before the trial period was up. I recently had to do a restore and I am missing some pictures so I would like to know if I redownload onecare can I use the prgram or will I be prompted to upgrade? If I am able to use the back up to restore the files I would then uninstall onecare again as the program ate up my computer disk useage and cpu overload. I previously tried to install onecare and use the back up disk but to no avail, fortunately I was able to use a vista  back up to retrieve lost files. I have tried to use the vista back up but the files that I want do not restore, every time I have tried I  get put put in disk dated previous to the back up I have. I'm hoping for some answers, It would be TERRIBLE if I can't restore the picture files that I am looking for. 
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 10:14 PM

Answers

• You can install the trial and the restore your backup. When you install the trial, since you had it on the PC before you will have 15 days before it must be activated at this time.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:06 PM