Re: Unable to open any go.microsoft or download.microsoft sites to validate RRS feed

• Question

•  Deb00088 wrote:

If anyone else is having this problem please let me know if you found a solution.  I can't validate at all nor download any updates.  I can get to the windows update, but for all other updates or new upgrades (IE 7, Messenger Live) nothing.  I get a "page cannot be displayed" errpr.  I have tried all the standard things; cleaning temps/cache, removing firewall from my home network, removing all (by literally removing Norton from my system) security, calling my ISP comcast; all to no avail. 

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

I have this same issue only it seemed to have started after I downloaded some windows updates this past weekend.  Is there a solution or some type of fix?  I am able to use my third party browser and connect to the internet but IE 7 shows no pages at all.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:59 PM

Answers

• (Note: I split this post off to it's own thread since it was originally posted to a thread that is over 4 months old)

Hi Marcos04,

This forum only supports Windows Genuine Advantage related questions/issues, but I will try to point you in the right direction for assistance.

Thanks,
    Darin Smith

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:30 PM
  • Hi again Marcos,

From the searched I have done, there doesn't appear to be one answer to your issue. (some people fixed it by messing with their router, others by contacting their ISP and so on.) You may want to take a look at this thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=777828&SiteID=25&PageID=1 as there is a number of possible fixes there.

Also, some users have reported that using the service of OpenDNS.com resolved their issue. (Note: I have not used the service, this is not an endorsement, your mileage may very)

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin

Friday, February 23, 2007 12:54 AM

All replies

• (Note: I split this post off to it's own thread since it was originally posted to a thread that is over 4 months old)

Hi Marcos04,

This forum only supports Windows Genuine Advantage related questions/issues, but I will try to point you in the right direction for assistance.

Thanks,
    Darin Smith

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:30 PM
  • Ok thanks.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:55 PM
  • Hi again Marcos,

From the searched I have done, there doesn't appear to be one answer to your issue. (some people fixed it by messing with their router, others by contacting their ISP and so on.) You may want to take a look at this thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=777828&SiteID=25&PageID=1 as there is a number of possible fixes there.

Also, some users have reported that using the service of OpenDNS.com resolved their issue. (Note: I have not used the service, this is not an endorsement, your mileage may very)

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin

Friday, February 23, 2007 12:54 AM