2nd HD on Home Server still at 100%, C not backing up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a WHS set up for a client that has two 500GB HD's installed.  The "Storage Hard Drives" is Healthy and using about 150GB of the 500GB.  The second HD is under "Server Backup Hard Drives" and it's status says 100% free.  I want the "Storage Hard Drive" to back up ALL it's data to the "Server Backup Hard Drives" HD.  I would I go about this?

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:32 PM

All replies

• BTW, we are actually using this WHS in a very small business, and the companies Peachtree data file resides on WHS, and we would like to make sure this is backing up to the second HD installed on WHS.  Thank you again...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Scroll to the bottom of this page which will tell you all you need to know. Essentially you use the Dashboard to set up Server Backup (which is not enabled by default) and you define, what, where and how often it is backed up:

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowshomeserver2011/backup-restore-overview-2.aspx

Having two backup drives is also a good idea so one can be safely stored offsite.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:29 PM