none
Building A GUI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new to programming, have some basic understanding. What I want to do is build a GUI that will basically gather data from another software and allow me to sort and perform other calculations. I'm just wondering if  this is possible to attempt on visual studio i.e build a GUI where when I click start it will gather the information from another software. The third party software is simply used to gather data points, but right now I have to copy the data and then sort it by hand. I'm hoping to build a GUI to automate this process.  Just looking for tips on how I can proceed.

Thank You

• Moved by Alex Bulankou Monday, October 5, 2015 6:27 PM general development question
    • Moved by Jiayi Li Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:10 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi SilverStriker001,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

To redirect you to the correct forum, some clarifications with you:

(1) Which type of project do you want to create, windows form, WPF, or others?

(2) Which language do you want to use, C#, vb or others?

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Hello,

Please ask in the proper language forum in the Visual Studio Languages forums on MSDN, with details on what you have tried, and where you are having problems.

For the GUI parts, depending on what form technology you are using, you can try posting to one of the following forums:

Windows Forms General
    Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
    ASP.Net forums

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:05 PM