While Uploading getting error:Unable to read data from the transport connection. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am getting a random error while uploading from my mobile device to SQL Azure: Unable to read data from the transport connection.

Here is the trace:

System.Net.HttpWebRequest.finishGetResponse()
     System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
     Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.ClientServices.HttpCacheRequestHandler.ProcessUploadRequest(HttpWebRequest webRequest, CacheRequest request)
     Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.ClientServices.HttpCacheRequestHandler.ProcessCacheRequest(CacheRequest request)
     Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.ClientServices.CacheController.Refresh(Boolean routeCompleted)

This is coming in random, I am not getting this in Development or Testing environment, but getting in UAT

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:16 PM

All replies

• do a fiddler trace or WCF trace. from the looks of it, its a network issue.
    Friday, March 30, 2012 5:59 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. Even I assume it's a network issue. But it was working fine before. Recently I have added few processing once the upload is completed (in Upload_response event). After this this problem starts coming up.

I have Trace.writeline in all required places. In Azure trace log I can't see any error. Even Upload_response is completed successfully. But after this some error is happening and in mobile device user is getting the error.  Data also uploaded successfully.

As I can't debug in UAT, I can't do a fidler trace. For WCF trace also I need to re-deploy the service again, which is not possible right now, I need to wait for user to finish up with testing.

Is this related to data size? Do I need to configure something (like timeout etc.)? Right now I have just configure the maxReceivedMessageSize :

<binding name="mybinding"  maxReceivedMessageSize ="2147483647" />

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:07 AM
  • hard to tell without other info... Unable to read data from the transport connection can mean many other things: lost connection, disconnected because you've been throttled, etc...

no harm in increasing the values in the binding though...

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:31 AM
  • Thanks.

There was some issue with Storage Account. After re-generating the account key solved the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

Monday, April 2, 2012 11:19 AM