The Web address (URL) specified for the installation (http://sql01/JohoTechnology) is not responding RRS feed

• Question

•  

I get this:

Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheckException: The Web address (URL) specified for the installation (http://sql01/JohoTechnology) is not responding. Diagnostic tests that require connectivity will not be run. Verify the specified Web service address and check for connectivity. If necessary, rerun the CRM Configuration Wizard. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker) at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheck.DeepExecute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker)

I'm not sure where it's getting "JohoTechnology" -- that's the company obviously, but I only entered that when I configured the server side.   So it doesn't have the right URL, which should be SQL01 or something.  I don't know where I can change this, since the install of the client does not seem to ask for it.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:02 AM

Answers

• that's your Org name in the URL.  The reason that it includes the org name in the URL is because if there are different orgs, they all share the same url, just the org is different.

Was it working before and stopped working?  Is it working if you go to the web URL in IE?  If so, I would re-run the OUtlook configuration wizard (located start/programs/all programs/Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/Configuration Wizard)

If it is not working when you go to the web client URL, there may be something wrong with your installation or the web site might not be running

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:54 AM