field read-only and editable on Business Process Flow. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have requirement to change mode, like want to be a read-only field on Business process and then make it editable for some condition.

i have used this link

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2014/08/05/how-to-apply-script-on-header-fields-and-bpf-fields

• Make the field Read only 

but its not working in my case, kindly suggest me any other way to achieve this.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As i understand, you are trying make a read-only Field, witch will edit by a Business Process.

If it right, you can set a field to write (normal) mode, make your process and then make this field read-only again.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:26 AM
  • Thanks for ur reply,

I am trying to do this on activated quote, After activating the quote all field of Quote form become readonly, but some workarround i made them editable but now the issue is, i am not able to save that quotation updated fields in Database. giving an error. "the object is readonly" something. Even i call to setSubmit("Always"); not updating.

Kindly let me know how can i update quotation if it has in active mode.

I hope you got my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Sorry, i didn't got your problem. My English is not so good to understand all that you written.

You have an entity "Quote", you try to save it to database and get error? Right?

Friday, May 29, 2015 6:51 AM
  • Thanks for ur reply,

I am trying to do this on activated quote, After activating the quote all field of Quote form become readonly, but some workarround i made them editable but now the issue is, i am not able to save that quotation updated fields in Database. giving an error. "the object is readonly" something. Even i call to setSubmit("Always"); not updating.

Kindly let me know how can i update quotation if it has in active mode.

I hope you got my problem.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot update an Activated Quote - the only way to do this is set it back to Draft, update it and set it back to Active. Note: the REVISE function provides OOTB way to copy activated quote to new revision which is Draft - this is the correct way to do it

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Chris_Cohen Friday, May 29, 2015 5:04 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2015 5:04 PM