none
Pearson Vue and Second Shots RRS feed

• Question

• You may know that MicroSoft is having a Second Shot offer from Jan 5 - May 2015. I paid for an exam covered by this program on Jan 5. I failed it on Jan 12, not by a lot but enough to fail. My Second Shot is not showing up in microsoft.com\learning like it should. Some of the people at Pearson Vue don't even know what  a Second Shot is.

Any suggestions folks? Is there someone at MS that I report this to?

Ben JohnsonWY

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:00 PM

Answers

• So MS contacted me twice today (wish they'd fix their software bugs that fast, haha). They and I both think this is some issue with the connection between MS and PVue. MS handled this well and quickly. I made them fully aware of the crappy service I got from PearsonVue. What MS did for me is give me a free voucher so I can move forth and not be held up by this.

Ben JohnsonWY

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:38 PM

All replies

• Have you tried this?

How do I get my free retake?

When you register to take an MCP exam between 5 January 2015 and 31 May 2015, you become eligible for a free retake if you don’t pass it. You have 30 days from the date you took the initial exam to schedule a retake. To schedule your retake, sign in, select your exam from the exam list and click Schedule now for free.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-au/second-shot.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCSA, MCSE: BI
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:15 PM
  • Yes.  Pearsonvue.com/microsoft knows I have a second shot but when I register it keeps trying to charge me money. Trying to get them on the phone sucks and their people barely speak English and don't even know what a second shot is. Their support is ATROCIOUS and that's saying a lot these days. ARRRGHGHGH

Ben JohnsonWY

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:23 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear that your second shot is not going as planned. You have read the points Jeff has pointed out to you. In that case i would suggest to post your remarks on Born to learn. That site has more direct views from Microsoft learning people and they might be able to hand you some more directive steps.

Have a look here: https://borntolearn.mslearn.net/f

Good luck on the retake!

Maurice

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:55 PM
  • Thanks guys. I just got off a chat session a Microsoft guy. He sounded like a native English speaker, knew what he was talking about, and tried to help me. He escalated the case to the tech guys and admitted they've been having problems with this second shot system. It sounded like when they dumped Prometric and went to PearsonVue last year things have been problematic. I see a "retake" button on two different pages but both end up trying to charge me money again. I have NEVER seen the "schedule now for free" link that is supposed to appear, according to the MS instructions. I also told the MS guy my immense displeasure with the Pearsonvue support system. It truly sucks, really really bad. When I know more I'll post back here. They really need to test these system out more before they go live with them. Thanks again guys.

Ben JohnsonWY

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:10 PM
  • Thanks for keeping is posted Ben that helps. Hope they can fix it for you.

Maurice

Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:25 PM
  • So MS contacted me twice today (wish they'd fix their software bugs that fast, haha). They and I both think this is some issue with the connection between MS and PVue. MS handled this well and quickly. I made them fully aware of the crappy service I got from PearsonVue. What MS did for me is give me a free voucher so I can move forth and not be held up by this.

Ben JohnsonWY

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:38 PM