Recalculating quote after products are added RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, (CRM 4)

I have a customer who doesn't like having to click save or recalculate after they add products to either a quote or an order.  I have plugins that calculate the UK VAT (Tax) amounts etc, but if I force a recalculate when the quote product is added, the database gets updated but not the screen.

can anyone help me to understand if it's possible to force the quote screen (and order screen) to recalculate when a quote product is added, or when the quote product view is closed?

Thank you in advance.

Tim

Thank you for you time folks!

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:30 PM

Answers

• After trying many angles i couldn't cleanly get a good UI experience. So I went with the simple solution of adding an alert based message to recalculate the quote before creating any reports.

• Marked as answer by Tim Windsor Monday, May 13, 2013 8:36 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 8:36 PM

All replies

• CRM 4? Awesome :-) if this was 2011 the answer would be no, with the addition of UR12. The way we used to do this was with a custom button to open the Add Product window (or simply override the existing button) and use ShowModalDialog() function with the Window.Location.Reload() as the close function, that way when they save and close the previous window, it reloads/refreshes the parent window. The only drawback to this is if they changed anything on the Quote form itself (making it dirty) it would prompt the user to say "are you sure you want to close this window?" as they would lose the data they entered. I guess this simply depends on your business process, but it might be worth looking into. Keep in mind, this is technically unsupported.

-Paul

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Paul, many thanks for your detailed response on this one.  Can I just confirm my understanding with you please?

Using the showModalDialog() function you would pass in the URL of the 'add product form', therefore restricting the user from using anything other than the Dialog window displayed?  Is my understanding correct here?

Thanks again.

Only other consideration is the user behaviours as ultimately they will no doubt choose the upgrade route!

Friday, March 29, 2013 10:34 AM
  • After trying many angles i couldn't cleanly get a good UI experience. So I went with the simple solution of adding an alert based message to recalculate the quote before creating any reports.

• Marked as answer by Tim Windsor Monday, May 13, 2013 8:36 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 8:36 PM