none
now trying to fine tune

Question

• ok the same old problem---hotfix for win 10 backup--where can I get the fix?

I'm trying to get 1 problem solved at a time so I will be posting periodically so PLEASE stay tuned, I need all the help I can get ;)

bob

Monday, December 31, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Is there any specific issue displayed?

If you want to find some information about win 10 backup, here is a backup forum.

backup forum

Hope above information could help.

Best regards,

Kallen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 8:00 AM
  • See thread entitled “Where to find hotfix 2781272 for backing up GPT partitions” futher down the page.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:20 AM
  • ok now a more serious problem--cant access server. I rebooted it and the original screen came on ----press control alt delete, did that and asks for password, put the password in and error wrong password, again--same, again same totally locked out of computer, cant get past opening screen

NOW WHAT????

I CAN'T ACCESS THIS COMPUTER AT ALL

ANY HELP??

bob

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:51 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please share some screenshots about the error message?

And if using another account, could we log in to the computer? Is this computer a domain computer? Server or client?

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best regards.

Kallen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:07 AM
  • I'm LOCKED OUT of the computer COMPLETELY--it is at the beginning splash screen --enter password

bob

Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:39 PM
  • THIS IS THE BEGINING SPLASH SCREEN FOR WHS 2011 ASKING FOR ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD. I have tried several passwords to no avail. the passwords I use do NOT work. so how do I recover???

bob

Friday, January 4, 2019 5:48 PM
  • Have you tried leaving the password field blank?  It should have asked you for a username and password when you went through windows setup.  I assume you have tried that password but I'm asking just in case. 
    Saturday, January 5, 2019 5:19 AM
  • yes I have tried everything--I only use about 3 varieties of my passwords-easy to remember hard to guess.

i'm afraid the only solution to this is to dump and reload

bob

Saturday, January 5, 2019 1:49 PM
  • Using the correct Username? Administrator?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:44 AM
  • YES I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING TO NO AVAIL  :(

bob

Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:14 PM
  • Bob, When you say "THIS IS THE BEGINING SPLASH SCREEN FOR WHS 2011 ASKING FOR ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD"

I take it this is the standard Windows login screen and not the remote login screen? Also are you trying to log into the build in account called "Administrator" as this is often disabled (without your say-so) by some updates. Please use another username with administrator privileges to login. If you are using another login and that's the one that's failing, try resetting the password with some third party software. There are plenty available out there.

Monday, January 7, 2019 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kallen

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Kallen

Friday, January 11, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Thanks for the inquery--as of now I'm coming back online, I haven't completed that task as of yet but getting closer,the full dump and reload has seemed to help in some ways.  I will post as things start working .

again thanks

bob

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:18 PM
  • OK NOW THE SAME OLD THING--CERT ERROR for starters, also IE needs adjustment

bob

Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:27 PM
  • Stop shouting!

Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:48 PM
  • sorry mistaken caps loc on

now I have gotten IE working. now the cert error--how can I refresh or get new certificate? also no remote access which I think has to do with the cert?

hope there is help out there.   thanks

bob

Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Ok now when I try to connect to a client it gives me invalid certificate error code 0 so what do I do now?

bob

Monday, January 14, 2019 9:51 PM