Dynamics365: Unable to debug a Plugin in VisualStudio 2017,2015,2013 (Only CRM Plugin) getting the error: "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. no symbols have been loaded for this document" RRS feed

• Question

• Dynamics365: Unable to debug a Plugin in Visual Studio 2017,2015,2013 (Only CRM Plugin) getting the error: "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. no symbols have been loaded for this document"

Any update on this would be great.

Thanks,

Madhu M.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:53 AM

All replies

• I am not sure how you are trying to debug the plugin, what are you attaching the debugger to?

You can install the plugin profiler that comes with the Plugin Registration tool that comes with the SDK, there you can replay plugin execution and attach to the plugin registration tool with the debugger.

Here is a good walkthrough on how to get it to work. (In Profiler Settings window I would rather use the checkbox "Persist to entity" since that will store the file in CRM, you then press the Down arrow button in the "Replay Plug-In execution" window)

https://dynamics365blocks.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/how-to-debug-a-plugin-in-dynamics-365-online-using-plugin-profiler/

Best regards,

Halldór Jóhannsson

Thursday, November 23, 2017 12:20 PM
  • 1. I installed Profiler from Plugin Registration tool

2. Started Profiling for the step

3. Now I have attached the Plugin registration tool.exe below is the screenshot

Still have the same issue and its not hitting the breakpoint.

Madhu M.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 2:12 PM
  • Sorry for the late response,

Did you "Replay Plug-in Execution" in the plugin registration tool or did you do something on the website to fire the plugin?

The way this works is it does not grab something happening on the server, it stores all the data that the plugin used and then you replay the plugin with the plugin registration tool and that way you get the breakpoints to work.

Only other reason I can imageine it not working might be because the code you are debugging and the plugin are not exactly the same (i.e. if you have made changes to the code you would need to deploy it again).

Halldór Jóhannsson

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hello,

This kind of issues may occur when the CRM code and debugger code are not in sync.

Rebuild your code, update your plugin using plugin registration tool and try again. 

Thanks and Regards.

• Edited by Ravitheja J Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:39 AM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:38 AM