none
MCITP RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently completed my degree in Business management and after doing a module in IT I decided to look for a course, after looking I found a MCITP course for £1500 and I just wanted to know if it is worth the money and what are the opportunities for someone with only some basic office experience.

Thank you.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:10 PM

Answers

• Hi.

Know that even though a course may cost $1500 to learn a Microsoft technology such as Exchange, you will still have to pay separately after the training to take each required exam (pass or fail) to earn the MCITP title.

Here is an example training offering in the UK:
    http://www.learning-solution.co.uk/microsoft_courses/mcitp_exchange_server_2010_courses.php

It is misleading to suggest that you earn the MCITP title just by taking the training. You must still pass each of the exams. In America, the exams are $150 each. Typically, most MCSE titles require five exams.

As Charles suggested, the MCITP certification title is being replacted by the newer MCSE title.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, November 18, 2013 11:33 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The MCITP designation is set to be retired in July 2014 as Microsoft has changed their designations (again).

That said, what specific area were you looking at?  i.e. Server, Desktop support, Applications, Developer, etc.?

Monday, November 18, 2013 6:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi.

Know that even though a course may cost $1500 to learn a Microsoft technology such as Exchange, you will still have to pay separately after the training to take each required exam (pass or fail) to earn the MCITP title.

Here is an example training offering in the UK:
    http://www.learning-solution.co.uk/microsoft_courses/mcitp_exchange_server_2010_courses.php

It is misleading to suggest that you earn the MCITP title just by taking the training. You must still pass each of the exams. In America, the exams are $150 each. Typically, most MCSE titles require five exams.

As Charles suggested, the MCITP certification title is being replacted by the newer MCSE title.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, November 18, 2013 11:33 PM
    Answerer