In case of Network folder not available RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup echo based synchronisation. The echo will be performed between users folder on local hard drive and network drive. I am now in stage of writing script that will run toysync whenever computer start. I have one doubt with lap top users. As laptop users take their laptop homes. The network share will not be available to them as they are outside of office network. Will toysnc will generate errors? Is there any way I can stop those error messages appearing so user will not be able to notice them. My objective is synctoy will echo folder contents whenever the users connects to office network silently as well as it will not generate error messages when user is not able to connect to network share.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:52 AM

Answers

• For your problem, I think you can add extra script to judge if the laptop is available, then run synctoycmd.exe, or do nothing.
    If you use synctoycmd.exe, there is no popup error msg box, just error info in console when the net work path is not available.
    I think it will be ok for lab top users, as those error should happen on the server which run synctoy.
    But anyway, as I said, you can add extra script to avoid execute sync run.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by ahmar_sahab Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:04 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2009 6:27 AM