Upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 Fails - Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upgrade our CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 in our test environment (with SQL 2005 , EXchange, AD all in one server, up to date wilh all service pack), it fails at the system requirement verification stage with the error message "The full-text indexes on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 full-text indexes."

I have added the lines where it is failing from the log file. I have checked some msdn document where it tells you to remove the index run the upgrade and recreate those index again but these indexes are primary key indexes, you can delete them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14:21:47|   Info| The following full-text indexes are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 full-text indexes:
    14:21:47|   Info| tableowner:                             dbo
    14:21:47|   Info| tablename:                              accountbase
    14:21:47|   Info| fulltextkeyindexname:                   cndx_primarykey_account
    14:21:47|  Error| remark:                                 modified full-text index
    14:21:47|  Error| 
    14:21:47|  Error| tableowner:                             dbo
    14:21:47|  Error| tablename:                              contactbase
    14:21:47|  Error| fulltextkeyindexname:                   cndx_primarykey_contact
    14:21:47|  Error| remark:                                 modified full-text index
    14:21:47|  Error| 
    14:21:47|  Error| tableowner:                             dbo
    14:21:47|  Error| tablename:                              kbarticlebase
    14:21:47|  Error| fulltextkeyindexname:                   cndx_primarykey_kbarticle

14:21:47|  Error| The full-text indexes on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 full-text indexes.
    14:21:47|  Error| Check SqlFullTextIndexValidator : Failure: The full-text indexes on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 full-text indexes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure someone have had the same experiences that I am having. If that person who experienced the same problem as mine would share his plan of action to resolve this matter will be highly appreciated.

Could someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:51 PM

Answers

• we had the same issue--there were some custom indexes that we had added to our crm 3.0 database, and we were able to fix it by dropping those indexes.

This support document details the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927226

Note it is somewhat confusing because it talks about upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0 and going from 3.0 to 4.0.  Just follow the steps for 3.0 to 4.0

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:28 AM

All replies

• we had the same issue--there were some custom indexes that we had added to our crm 3.0 database, and we were able to fix it by dropping those indexes.

This support document details the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927226

Note it is somewhat confusing because it talks about upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0 and going from 3.0 to 4.0.  Just follow the steps for 3.0 to 4.0

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:28 AM
  • Hi There,

I encountered this error too but i cannot delete it as suggested in the KB.  This is my error:

An explicit DROP INDEX is not allowed on index 'dbo.KbArticleBase.cndx_PrimaryKey_KbArticle'. It is being used for PRIMARY KEY constraint enforcement.

any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Linna

Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:30 PM